3.11.2008

What I should have said when I was complaining

2007 was a year for the books. My books at least. A definite bad year, I was one of the people who was thankfully saying goodbye to 2007 as it parted. I was hoping of a change, a big change as 2008 says hello.

I was looking back at the year that was. It was The Thesis Year. Everything is connected with the Thesis. Everything. Thesis is a whole different story. This entry is for the surprise I found while looking back at 2007. This is a big Thank you for 2007, the year that had me on knees… but made sure I did not keel over.

Thank you 2007!

I hope I don’t see you again, hahaha.

This entry is most definitely a Thank you, to the people who knew just when to be there. Sometimes not even physically, sometimes just in my thoughts. Sometimes they are not even aware of how much they’ve held me together at the most trying times. Sometimes just thinking of them keeps me from giving up

Thank you!

Thank you, Zeroes.

Nikki, Marie, Eveth, Koko, Gigs, Nancy, Mike. (And special mention to Jel and Marionne. Jel! Nandun ka! At Marionne kahit wala ka dun, parang nandun ka na rin.) I have gotten into the habit of withholding names in my entries. I decided you have been way too important for me to withhold your names. I wonder what life without Zeroes would be. I shudder at the thought.

I do not only Thank you but I love you, seriously or rather siriusly.

From the simple ‘Ok ka lang?’ to ‘Kaya mo yan!’ to ‘Konti na lang’. You have no idea how much help you’ve been. And for that, I can never thank you enough. Just the thought of reaching the end --- or the beginning together with you guys is enough for me to at least try. I’ve long accepted the fact that trying doesn’t necessarily entail winning. But I’d risk the risky trying part.

Again, a very many, big, heartfelt and all the good-words-you’ll-find-in-the-thesaurus Thanks to all of the Zeroes.

I shall look forward to all our future brunches, lunches, coffee breaks, dinners, overnights (where everyone falls asleep :D) chili cons, quesadillas, and what-have-yous.

I shall look forward to all the storytelling and frolicking without the interference of plates. I guess now work or the lack thereof will be the hindrance. I hope that is not the case. The same way that deadlines were not enough to keep us from our ‘tambay mode’, or ‘kwento mode’ or ‘fun and games mode’.

I hope to see you at the next bend or street or road or block or intersection.

Thank you to all the old friends who somehow understood my missing-in-action mode. I know, I know. I kept declining invitations for free food (can you imagine me declining), short dinners and catching ups. Let just say it is some sort of self-preservation. And that is something only I will understand.

Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for being part of the Life before the College Life. Thank you for making that Life the best it could possibly be so that when tough times arrive I have a nice place to go back to.

Thank you for being there. Even though I don’t call on you guys often just the thought that you have Friends is comforting enough.

I’m sending out Thank yous and I love yous.

Thank you to my Thesis adviser and 2 professors who have been very helpful and accommodating. I shall name them Prof. A and Prof B. I’ve always wanted Prof. B to be my adviser, I was actually praying for it. A second before draw lots I changed the prayer I’ve been saying for a while to ‘Lord, give me an adviser who will be able to help me’. And he did. I had a lot of apprehensions about The Adviser. I wondered why God picked him I realized during the ‘hanging-in-a-balance-moment of my thesis. I am so lucky. Thank you, Sir.

I consulted with Prof.B just once. And he only had one line. And I broke down. It wasn’t even about what he said. I guess he told me what I needed to hear even though I didn’t really know what I wanted to hear. Well there you go. You pointed out the problem that I have been trying to find. Thank you.

Prof. A. has always been up there in the Thank you list. The interest you’ve shown and your willingness to help has been one of the key things that kept me from giving up. How can you give up when someone actually believes in you? The videos have helped, the links have helped. Everything helped. Thank you

To Ar2, my blockmates, Thank you. That scary room felt like home. It was a rather nice feeling looking at familiar faces as you stand to get criticized. Thank you for the support, for carrying my boards, for everything. Thank you for all the great times inside whatever classroom we're on. For the fun times as we desperately try not to fail, sometimes. For making those terror professors ordinary people. For making unbearable subjects bearable. Thank you for making The College Life a great life. We shall see each other soon. Soon.

To all the people who I’ve never met in person but were just names in my email address book, Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to answer questions of a panicky thesis student.

To all the people I’ve met along the way who have been so willing to help someone they don’t know, Thank you. Maybe we shall meet again.

To the people of the print shop or print shops, Thank you. Thank you for constantly asking ‘Anong oras ba deadline mo??’ and being constantly shocked that I’ve already missed by deadline. hahaha Maybe I should bring you lunch some time.

To the people who helped put my half-baked ideas on digital files and eventually on the big boards, Thank you. Thank you for putting up with the flooding of text messages and PMs about changes, redos and what-have-yous. Thank you for putting up with the ‘I need this now’ message and the sungit mode. Thank you for sharing the zombie state and the ‘hilo’ state. I shall not skimp on thankyous because I already got my number 1 wish for this year. One of you said ‘Masarap gumgraduate ng March’ nonchalantly. But that is one of the best reminders I’ve gotten this year. I thought I knew then what that means. Now, I know that I know what that means. Thank you for reminding me.

To all the people I have not specifically thanked, Thank you.

To that guy up there, Thank you. Thank you for somehow working things out every time I get things all tangled up. Thank you for listening to my endless rants about giving up, to my endless complaints and whys?? Thank you for constantly clearing up my clouded mind. Thank you for berating me when I gave up. Thank you for reminding me of what I really want. Thank you for gluing me back together every time I break myself. Thank you for all the wonderful people you throw along my path. I love them all, you know. Keep ‘em coming :D

I know you take care of everyone, but please take extra care of these people I thanked and I love, please. That is the only way I can ever come close to repaying them. And for that, I shall again Thank you.

Just stay there, ok.


Addendum:
Oh, and before I forgot Thank you, World and your dear friend Life. I have constantly tried to elude you but you have been very patient. And for that, I Thank you. See you on the same side because I don’t really believe the grass is greener on the other side, :D

No comments: