7.01.2007

It's been a while.

So much for being sorry that my blog has been neglected.

Anyway, being the Potterphile that I am,I read this article from time mag about the "magical moment" and how Scholastic is trying to preserve the moment. I must say I agree, the magical moment is a myth. Of course, there is nothing better than opening a book for the first time without knowing how the story goes or if you'll forget all about it once the book is closed. The big difference with movies and books is that watching a movie for the nth time leads to a memorized movie. Hence, people finishing the characters' lines. I've seen the first two Harry Potter movies no less than 50 times. (yes i know it's pretty depressing I have no social life...) I think I've memorized the lines already, but the magic hasn't worn out yet. I've seen the rest of the Potter films no less than 10 times (and yes it's depressing again, but i intend to watch them some more), magic is still alive.

I've read all the Potter books no less than 3 times, and trying very hard to read them atleast a week for each book. You'd have thought, I've probably memorized the book, known every detail. Surprisingly I don't. Maybe it's my bad memory, or maybe it's because books are meant to be read and enjoyed over and over or until you find your next favorite. I am saddened by the thought that that will probably never happen to me (emo moment, everyone clap for me) I am writing this to remind myself that when I find the next big thing for me, I could laugh at myself.

I am really starting to sound like a heartbroken puppy.

But seriously, if you can't stand Harry Potter (which i don't understand... but that's just me). Pick something up, a book, a magazine, a brochure... Read. It doesn't have to be my blog, seriously.

I. must. stop. Despite of all the nonsense I have yet to dispense. The length of this blog entry is indicative of my current busyness. and since I claim to be drowning with work... I'd hate to contradict myself...Why i totally love of course...I really should st--

No comments: