2.19.2005

Betrayal of Eyes

You know you hate me.
For years,
You have been tethered on the edge of hate.
You know you love me so much,
You hate me.
You’re going six feet under.
You killed yourself with your own denial
Tomorrow we will meet
You claim apathy
but you can’t
And then we will meet again
I will look at you
But you are tired of telling me
You hate me
For your eyes betray you
One day you will tell me
What your eyes speak of
I will tell you the same
But my eyes won’t
You leave shaking you head
Not believing.
But I do.
But my eyes won’t
Again we will meet
You won’t speak
I will look at you
Try to seek but you won’t see
I know you wonder
You try to hate me
But you know you can’t
We will go on like this
Then I will get tired
I would bury myself six feet
Again you will descend the pit
Side by side, we lay
You tell me you hate me
And your eyes won’t betray you
I tell you I love
And my eyes won’t betray me
We won’t believe each other
I am happy to lay beside you
Not believing each other
‘I love you’ you won’t feel
‘I hate you’ has devoid me of feelings
You will never know
I truly love you
I know you love me
It’s enough
After sometime
Maybe the darkness of the earth
Will soften my voice
And you will understand.

No comments: